Friday 26 July 2013

Feel Good Friday #2


                                                              tumblr.com

This week I’ve been contemplating the power of positive thinking. I always try to have a positive outlook on life for one reason – if I don’t, the only person it’s going to affect is myself. Everybody has their own difficulties in life, I don’t think I’ve met one person in my life that hasn’t and if anybody on this planet is actually lucky enough to experience a life without any difficulties, well I’m sure they could still find something to moan about if they really wanted to. So here is my point, when you think a happy thought, whether it’s about yourself, about someone else or just about life in general - it makes you feel good, right? On the other hand when you think a negative thought you feel the opposite! So why waste time thinking about things that make you feel bad? Now don’t get me wrong I’m by no means the most positive person in the world and of course like everyone else I have days where I could quite happily kill someone (not literally but you get my drift). However it’s the way in which I choose to deal with those emotions that I feel makes me an optimistic person. If something has happened that has upset me, I accept what I feel – I’ll have a cry or punch a pillow (whatever it takes) and then I’ll decide not to dwell on it and just be happy, simply because I can’t be bothered to feel negative – it takes effort!
So if I ever find myself thinking a negative thought I quickly replace it with a positive one, your thoughts shape your experience of life and we are only on this weird and wonderful planet for a short while so I intend to enjoy my time here. For that reason I take full responsibility for my own happiness, I choose to see the good in myself, in other people and in my life. I accept myself exactly as I am, because I am me and everything about me (even my flaws) make me into the person that I am. I have learned through my experience of life to let go of situations and people who don’t make me happy and I don’t let other people’s negative opinions or thoughts about me affect my mood.
In a nutshell, life is short – you may as well spend your time being happy, right?! So whatever it is that makes you happy (as long as you’re not hurting anyone) go and do it! Don’t worry about what anyone thinks, be you and accept yourself the way you are – because there is only one you in this world and the people who matter will always love you.

X

4 comments:

  1. I love this! Very, real for me. Negativity is an infection to your soul. It's amazing how penetrating it can be. I try really hard to think positively, but I fail many times. It's great that you are conscious of this. I admire your dedication. You're right; life is short. Why spend it thinking negatively? After all, it's also a gift. Have a happy weekend!


    Carmen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou so much this is such a lovely comment! You're right, life is a gift :) the fact that you try to think positively means you're on your way to getting there so keep trying! Have a great weekend!

    X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great reminder to stay positive. Whenever I look at all the things I have to be thankful for, it's hard not to smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou! I know, it really helps to stop and think of all the good things we have in life! :) x

    ReplyDelete