Saturday 20 July 2013

MAC Foundations | Studio Sculpt vs Studio Fix Fluid


MAC Studio Sculpt Foundation – NC30    MAC Studio Fix Fluid – NC35
Studio Sculpt – This is my go to foundation during spring and summertime. It is a gel formula and has a lighter consistency than the Studio Fix Fluid. While it does apply lighter, this foundation still provides medium to buildable coverage and depending on how it is applied I would even go as far as to say that it can provide fairly high coverage. My favourite thing about this foundation is the dewy finish that it provides – perfect for that ‘summer glow’. I like to apply it with the Real Techniques Stippling Brush as I find this provides a flawless, natural looking finish. I would definitely recommend this foundation for dryer skin as it is very moisturising. I personally have normal to combination skin and I find that I do need to powder a couple of times throughout the day when wearing this foundation in order to avoid my glow turning into shine, however I don’t mind doing so as it takes two seconds and I love the finish that Studio Sculpt creates. I've found that this foundation runs slightly darker than the Studio Fix Fluid and I therefore use one shade lighter (NC30 instead of NC35) however this is still ever so slightly darker than the Fix Fluid – another shade down and it’s too light for me so I wear this when I have a tan. There definitely doesn’t seem to be as much variation in colour as there is with the Studio Fix, but all in all I love this foundation. I set it using MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Dark, this foundation is SPF 15 and retails at £25.
Studio Fix Fluid – I love this for the colder months when my skin requires a higher coverage. This is an oil free foundation and is therefore great for oily skin. I also set this using MAC’s Mineralize Skinfinish Natural, however once it’s set I’m good to go for the whole day - no need to powder later on! On my skin (normal to combination) this foundation applies matte and throughout the day becomes slightly dewy around my T-Zone, but certainly not shiny. Studio Fix is a liquid formula and is great for those who prefer a full coverage foundation, however I have found that it can become slightly cakey around spots. For this reason, although I would definitely recommend this foundation for oily skin – I’d be sure to get a sample from MAC before buying if you are particularly prone to flare ups, as when my skin isn’t looking its best I find that this foundation can bring attention to what I’m trying to hide rather than concealing it. I apply this with a standard foundation brush and it goes on a treat, I use the shade NC35. As with the Studio Sculpt, Studio Fix Fluid is also SPF 15 and retails at £21.50 however if it is your first time buying this foundation you will also require a pump unless you’d prefer to pour some onto your hand before applying, however doing so could be messy as you'd have to open the bottle everytime you do this. The pump costs £4 and is reusable.
Find out more about these foundations by visiting the MAC website.

X
 

2 comments:

  1. I love MAC products but I found that Studio Fix foundation can get a little cakey, too. But thanks for the reviews! It was really helpful. ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment! I'm glad you found it helpful, yeah it's a shame about the 'cakeyness' because otherwise it's such a good foundation. Thats why I love the Studio Sculpt - zero cake face :) x

    ReplyDelete