Wednesday 24 July 2013

My Top 5 MAC Lipsticks | Summer


  L-R:  Candy Yum Yum              Viva Glam Nicki                  Ravishing                     Costa Chic                    Vegas Volt
Where do I begin with MAC lipsticks, they’re just my favourite. Nearly all the lipsticks that I own are from MAC. They have such a wide range of colours and finishes and although at £15 a pop they are slightly on the expensive side, I still can’t resist. So in no particular order, here are my top 5 shades that I like to wear during the summer months.
Candy Yum – Yum. Matte - The brightest pink lipstick I have ever seen, for all the girly girls out there – you will love this. As you can see this one is definitely a statement colour, however I find that it works for day and night. During the day I wear this with simple eye makeup – just a cat flick and a bit of mascara does the job, and for a night time I love this colour with big lashes and a neutral eye shadow, bringing a hint of retro back while rocking this season’s neon trend. If you’re slightly dubious about trying such a bright shade, Barry M’s lipstick in shade #62 is a great dupe and at £4.49 is a fraction of the cost. As with all matte lipsticks well moisturised lips are a must.
Viva Glam Nicki. Satin – A bright flamingo pink which is just perfect for summer, this lipstick looks gorgeous with a tan however it’s a great one for all skin tones. I love this shade for when I’m in a rush getting ready, it really stands out and makes me look like I’ve made an effort with my makeup when in reality I’ve just shoved some face makeup and mascara on, topped off with this lippy. MAC’s satin finish lipsticks have to be my favourite as the colour payoff is amazing and lasts hours while still being moisturising on the lips.
Ravishing. Cremesheen – This lipstick is a gorgeous light golden peachy colour, I find this shade on my skin tone (NC30-35) to be quite neutral and I love wearing it with a brown smoky eye. I wear this shade with MAC’s Stripdown lip liner and if I’m going for the full works I’ll stick a bit of MAC’s tinted lipglass in Florabundance (also a light peach) over the top and what can I say - its love! I wonder if you’ve guessed that I like MAC by any chance?!
Costa Chic. Frost – This is my idea of the perfect coral lipstick, such a pretty colour for spring and summertime. This is one of those lipsticks that can either be worn with minimal eye makeup or with the full works as it looks amazing with both. It’s a bright peachy orange with a slight pink undertone, however certainly not a loud colour which therefore makes it perfect for so many different occasions. A perfect one if you just want a ‘pop of colour’.
Vegas Volt. Amplified – I originally bought this shade a couple of summers ago and at the time I was obsessed with Costa Chic, however I was looking for a lipstick that was similar yet slightly different so that I wasn’t wearing the same lipstick everyday and that’s when I discovered Vegas Volt! This lipstick is a bright coral just like Costa Chic, however it has more red undertones and is an amplified finish which gives it a creamier appearance on the lips. It’s also brighter than Costa Chic yet still fabulous for either day or night time. This is another one that looks amazing with a tan.
So there you have it – my top five MAC lipsticks for summertime! What are your favourite lipsticks to wear during the warmer months? Let me know as I’m always on the lookout for new shades to add to my collection!

You can also check out my Top 5 MAC Lipsticks for Summer Video!

X



No comments:

Post a Comment