Friday 23 August 2013

Feel Good Friday #5


                                                                          
                                                                                                                    tumblr.com    
Now I’ll be honest, I would class myself as quite a strong minded person, I accept others for who they are without judgement and I expect the same from the people that I associate myself with. That’s why I love this quote.
I can be quiet until I know someone well and I’m not an ‘in your face person’, I’m happy and nice to people because I don’t feel the need not to be. For those reasons people can often get the wrong impression of me and assume I’m a push over. Well they couldn’t be further from the truth. Just because I’m nice to people it doesn’t mean I can’t stick up for myself and just because I don’t feel the need to confront a person if they have said something mean behind my back it doesn’t mean I don’t know the type of person they are. I truly do not care about the opinions of those people and I therefore don’t feel the need to be negative back to them.
So here is my point. A truly strong person does not need the approval of others. Those who are mean for no reason are most definitely insecure within their own lives and therefore their negativity should not impact on your happiness. A lion is fundamentally different to a sheep and thus a sheep’s opinion of what is right and wrong does not matter to him. The opinions that society may have of you do not matter, the opinions you have of yourself do. People who try to fit in with the expectations of society and other people, making themselves unhappy in the process are sheep. The people who live their life according to their own values and morals are lifes lions and those are the people who I have found are often the happiest.
I shall finish this post with a quote by Coco Chanel who I believe was a truly inspirational woman and one of lifes lions.

                                                                           tumblr.com
The people who have negative opinions about you are often people who don’t know you anyway or who are jealous of you in some way. Those people don’t deserve space in your head. The only opinions that matter to me are those of me and my loved ones, why worry about the opinions of people who mean nothing to you. As the saying goes - those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
                                                                                  
X



No comments:

Post a Comment