Friday 20 September 2013

Feel Good Friday #7


                                                    Pinterest.com

This week I watched a documentary on Channel 4 called Fabulous Fashionistas which I found so inspirational. If you didn’t see it, in a nutshell the programme was about six women with an average age of 80 who refused to let age define them, they had their own unique sense of style, did what they wanted and didn’t conform to the preconceived ideas that society has about what an older person should be like. What’s more, they were all absolutely amazing people!
This got me thinking about the topic of age. Why should age define a person?! When I’m an old lady I want to be like them, to have my own unique sense of style, to still do the things I want to do. Anybody who knows me knows that I’m not one to always conform to society's ideas of what you should and shouldn’t do. Why? Well because I’m an individual, just like everybody else in the world and I don’t see why anybody should make up rules on how anybody else should live their life. I’m aware this might make me sound as if I live some sort of crazy life, I really don’t – I just make my own rules instead of following other peoples.
So there you have it, my inspiration for the week. I just hope that when I’m older I still live life the way I do now. I hope that I’m even braver than I am now and do more things, I want to be an old lady who has brightly coloured hair and wears purple lipstick - that’s my little pact that I’ve made with myself. Did anybody else see the documentary and if so what were your thoughts?

X



No comments:

Post a Comment