Tuesday 14 January 2014

Back To Basics: My Everyday Eye Makeup Essentials

When it comes to the topic of eye makeup, I’m the same as a lot of other ladies out there in that I own a multitude of different eyeshadows, liners, etc, however I always find myself reaching for the same few items on an everyday basis. These are the basics of my eye makeup kit if you will, the products that I’d be safe with if all my other makeup were to be taken away (let’s pray that never happens) and here I shall explain why I couldn’t possibly do without them.
Let’s begin with my MAC quad palette, this is one of MAC’s customizable palettes and I love it for travelling as well as for everyday use. In it I have Arena, a soft peach which I use most days as a natural looking base all over my lid. I then like to add some depth to my crease which I achieve by using Cork, a soft matte brown. For a more made up day look or for my favourite nighttime look (a bronze smokey eye) I have Woodwinked and Amber Lights which I also think are both perfect for day to night transitional makeup if you’re a busy bee on the go. When doing a smoky eye I (sparingly) use MAC’s Handwritten eyeshadow which is an extremely pigmented dark matte brown in my crease, I also use this everyday to fill in my eyebrows.
No matter which look I’m going for I always top it off with a flick of eyeliner over my top lid and a coat (or two) of mascara. I’m currently using Avon Super Shock Eyeliner and Maybelline Rocket volum’ express Mascara.
 
X


No comments:

Post a Comment