Thursday 12 June 2014

DIY Shabby Chic Faded Roses



This post has a slightly different theme than my usual beauty related ramblings, I just so happened to notice these pretty dried roses in my mum’s living room today. She’s always doing lovely creative things like this and I thought it’s such a nice thing to do with old cut roses when they are a bit past it, rather than simply throwing them away.
She says it’s really easy to do, all it takes is to simply let the roses dry out in their vase before removing them. She then ties them into pretty little bunches using garden twine (although any old bits of string or ribbon will also do nicely). They are then left to completely dry out at room temperature. If you’re using dark coloured roses, be sure to place them on newspaper or some kitchen roll so their colour doesn’t mark the surface they’re lying on. When you’ve done this, you can place them anywhere you like and enjoy them. These roses above are displayed on a shabby chic cake stand which I think looks lovely, this is definitely something I will be trying out myself.
I think it’s nice to see and appreciate the beauty of things at all their various stages of life. I didn’t think it when I started writing, but maybe this is one of my beauty ramblings after all. What are your thoughts?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment