Friday 4 July 2014

L'Oreal True Match Foundation - Review


Recently I had that ‘oh no!’ moment. You know, the one where you’ve recently arrived back from being abroad and you’re applying your foundation, only to realise that your lovely tanned skin has now faded and your makeup, rather than making you look like a glowing sun kissed goddess (I wish) now makes you look like a weirdo whose face colour doesn’t match the rest of their body. This called for an emergency trip to the nearest drugstore to pick up a new foundation. I didn’t want another high end one as I don’t like having too many open at the same time, so I opted for L’Oreal True Match which I had read a lot about and fancied trying out. Well, I can safely say that I was not disappointed!
For £9.99 this foundation is a dream, I will go as far as to say it’s the best drugstore foundation I have ever tried and here’s why... It claims to be natural looking, while still providing ‘outstanding’ coverage without caking. Well those are some pretty big statements to live up to L’Oreal, but somehow you’ve managed it! This is such a lightweight foundation to apply, yet it covers all red patches and blemishes I have, not only does it cover them but it doesn’t cake over spots or look too heavy when I’m having a bad skin day. What’s more, the colour that I picked (Golden Beige) matches my skin tone perfectly which is always a problem I’ve had with drugstore foundations in the past, I always found them to be too much on the pink side for my olive skin. It’s also easily buildable for use on a night time and while it provides a slightly dewy finish, it doesn’t go shiny throughout the day. I will even go as far as to say I may never go back to using a high end foundation (or at least not for the foreseeable future), I prefer this to both my MAC Studio Fix Fluid and Studio Sculpt foundations, something I really wasn’t expecting and with a purse friendly price tag to match, there’s nothing that I don’t love about this product.

X


No comments:

Post a Comment