Tuesday 1 July 2014

Nail Colours To Brighten Up Your Summer

Clockwise From Top: Nina Ultra Pro – Fuchsia Rage  //  Topshop Nails – Green Room  //  Essie – Tart Deco  //  Barry M – Blueberry Ice Cream  //  China Glaze Orange Knockout

Summer has to be my absolute favourite time of the year, the sun is out (on a good day), I get to wear pretty little dresses and bright colours make a welcome comeback into my life, I’m all about a bit of colour, it adds an element of fun to any look and works a treat for lifting my mood!
An easy way to add a dash of colour into your life is by wearing it on your nails and I find that summer is the perfect time to experiment. So without further ado, here are the brightest shades in my collection and the ones I reach for most during this season.
Nina Ultra Pro – Fuchsia Rage. Let’s start with this neon Barbie pink, it doesn’t get any more girly than this! I have found with some fluorescent pink nail polishes that they can sometimes turn out to have a slightly orange tinge once applied to the nails, but that doesn’t happen with this bad boy, the colour you signed up for on the bottle is exactly what you’re getting on your nails. I wear this on days when I’m feeling particularly girly, hey – who doesn’t need some flouro pink in their life occasionally?! Like all neon shades, it applies matte, but with a clear top coat to finish it off it’s just a dream.
Topshop Nails – Green Room. When I’m feeling in the mood for a slightly more edgy colour, this is the one I reach for. I find it needs three coats to be completely opaque, however the time invested in this mani’ is totally worth it and what’s more, I don’t need to wear a top coat with this colour as the finish is oh so shiny. Need I say any more?!
Essie – Tart Deco. The more demure of my two favourite orange shades, this is a beautiful coral which I just love wearing on summer holidays. It’s bright enough that it adds a pop of colour to any outfit, yet it isn’t an ‘in your face’ colour, it’s classy but fun at the same time. A firm staple in my summer collection.
Barry M – Blueberry Ice Cream. I love blue nails at this time of year, along with Green Room I feel that this colour adds a little somethin’ somethin’ to any look. I feel blues and greens are more funky colours as opposed to the classics such as pinks, reds and peach shades. I love Barry M Nail Paints in general as I always find that they apply really well and last ages and Blueberry Ice Cream is no exception. It goes on opaque in one coat, although I like to apply two for longevity and it lasts on my nails without chipping for a good five days, not bad for £2.99 eh?!
China Glaze – Orange Knockout. This is by far my most reached for neon shade and probably the brightest of my entire nail polish collection. It just screams out ‘summer’ to me. Along with Tart Deco, I love this for beach holidays and times when I’m feeling like being a bit more out there with my nails. This is such a gorgeous colour and it’s definitely one that only makes an appearance on my nails during summer time, making it extra exiting to wear as I know that when this colour gets brought out, it means that summer has well and truly arrived.
I hope you enjoyed this post, I love partaking in a good old mani’ pedi’ at any time of year but especially during summer time when there are no gloves to hide my mits behind and the tootsies get a chance to make an appearance! What are your favourite shades to pretty up your nails during summer?

X

No comments:

Post a Comment