Wednesday 9 July 2014

Pick Of The Pinks


Clockwise from top right: MAC Fleur Power Blush  //  MAC Dollymix Blush  //  MAC Impassioned Lipstick  //  Topshop Nails Daydream  //  Essie Limo Scene
I love wearing pink hues at this time of year (or at any time on that note) to give me a natural and feminine look. I find that pale and nude shades have the ability to make you look fresh faced and youthful, while brighter shades are just perfect for a bold and pretty summer time pop.
So, here is my pick of the bunch when I’m looking for an instant lift to my complexion and a girly yet natural looking mani’...
MAC Fleur Power Blush – A warm toned pink. This is the more low key option of my two featured pink shades, a perfect one for all year round. If you’re looking for a blush that provides you with a healthy flush of colour, this is a perfect option. I like wearing this during the day with a slick of mascara and I also find it perfect for a night time when I’m opting for a more glam look on my eyes, it just adds that healthy glow without any crazy colour overload – we don’t want that! It has a satin finish which I prefer to matte shades which I find can be a little too powdery looking.
MAC Dollymix Blush – The name says it all, this is a bright candy pink and it’s just perfect if you’re opting for a girly doll faced look. However, don’t be put off by the crazy bright colour in the pan, when used with a light hand this blush adds a gorgeous healthy glow to your cheeks. It’s one of MAC’s sheertone shimmer blushes and while you can see the shimmer in the pan, it applies onto the face as a beautiful sheen. I don’t feel the need to use a highlighter when I use this, so if you’re into your multi purpose products then this is a great one. I love it for when I’m off on my holidays, it’s perfect for summer and saves space in my makeup bag by doubling up as my highlight, result!
MAC Impassioned Lipstick – This is a gorgeous warm toned fuchsia, I love bold lip shades in general but Impassioned is definitely my favourite summer bright lipstick. I pair this with Fleur Power blush and a neutral eye with a touch of mascara and my usual cat flick for an easy to achieve, feminine look. It is an amplified finish which of course means that the colour payoff is amazing and it lasts for hours.
Topshop Nails Daydream – If I’m feeling a pink nail, this is the colour I’m most likely to reach for. It’s bright, but not in an obvious sort of way. It’s not the brightest in my collection by a long shot, but the reason I love it so much is because it's a gorgeous flamingo pink (one of my favourite colours) that is easy to wear; it’s not an ‘in your face’ colour but yet it catches the eye at the same time. It’s a beautiful shade for summer time and I just love it.
Essie Limo Scene – This is more of a white based nude, however it does have the slightest hint of pink. If you’re a regular visitor to my Youtube Channel you will know that this is my absolute favourite nail colour of the moment. It’s such a natural shade and is one of those that makes your nails look freshly manicured whenever you’re wearing it. A newly added staple in my collection.
So there we have it, the pink products that have made it to the very top of my beauty bag! Every girl needs a bit of our signature colour in her life, right?!

X


No comments:

Post a Comment